Recently I have a amazon kindle reader as gift from my little brother. Though I am in temptation to have one for 3 years. One of my friend recommended it to me. Reading pdf is not a good idea from smart screen. And all books are not available as hard-copy. I will put my overview about Kindle reader.
- Yes, It feels like reading a newspaper.
- It is very light.
- You don't have to remember where you left previous time.
- You don't need your charger for 6-7 days read.
- You can store unknown words as flash card and in future skim through the words and where in a book this appeared.
- You can select a word to know its meaning from built-in oxford dictionary.
- It can guess your required time to finish a book.
- It can store 5mb of 800 ebooks.
- It supports popular ebook formats like .epub .mobi and others.
- Amazon keeps your library backed up to amazon cloud.
- You have options of custom font and font size.
- Amazon kinlde basic does not have backlit. Many user complain that because they can not read in dark. But in my opinion it makes it more like a book than another electronic device.
- Yes Kindle supports PDF format. But it is not a good idea to read compact text figure books in pdf format in kindle. The limitation is not a problem with kindle. It is because of the nature of pdf format. To become portable pdf don't allow reformatting. So how can this fit in a small screen without zoom-in and zoom-out.
- But you can convert pdf books with only texts to epub or mobi formats and enjoy them.